How To Combat the Effects of Extra Hand Washing:
- Raw, broken skin makes it harder for soap to work as effectively (as it would on healthy skin). So if you are eczema-prone or just particularly sensitive you need to…
- Moisturise immediately after washing hands to avoid dryness
- Moisturising hands reduces microbial shedding from the skin and protects people from picking up viruses, reducing the likelihood of transmission
- Balms & ointments are usually better than creams & lotions, which can have alcohol and cause further dryness
- Always use a clean spoon to scoop out your balm, thus avoiding contamination
- And remember, NOT sharing is caring. Keep your moisturiser to yourself to prevent spreading the germy love.
Stay safe everyone.