Washing hands is essential in keeping healthy, but what about the dryness and irritation that can occur as a side effect? Here is our advice on keeping your skin not only clean but also soft, supple and moisturised. Raw, broken skin makes it harder for soap to work as effectively (as it would on healthy skin). So if you are eczema-prone or just particularly sensitive you need to…
How To Combat the Effects of Extra Hand Washing:
- Moisturise immediately after washing hands to avoid dryness. Moisturisers like POWER BALM work best when they are applied to slightly damp skin, locking in hydration.
- Moisturising hands reduces microbial shedding from the skin and protects people from picking up viruses, reducing the likelihood of transmission
- Balms & ointments are usually better than creams & lotions, which can have alcohol and cause further dryness
- Always use a clean spoon to scoop out your balm, thus avoiding contamination
- And remember, NOT sharing is caring. Keep your moisturiser to yourself to prevent spreading the germy love.
Stay safe everyone.